My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 28, 2020

Liar

OK, I can't just not say more about Trump's insane speech. Not only was it incoherent -- it began with "I profoundly accept this nomination ..." -- it was also filled to the brim with lies ...



When I mentioned to my Trump-voting relatives that Trump lies, they said 'everybody lies'. That isn't true. Lying isn't morally neutral. Lying is undertaken for one main reason ... to advantage oneself at another's expense. It harms the people who are lied to because they can't make good choices based on false information. Trump lies all the time and about things that are incredibly important. How many people's lives have been ruined by Trump's lies, how many people have died? If you knowingly vote for this liar, you are responsible for the harm he causes with his lies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Trump's a compulsive liar, he lies about things both big and small. He even lies when the truth would serve him better. My mom used to say, some people lie for credit when they could tell the truth for cash. The side effect of lying is that eventually you lose all credibility.

2:39 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I grew up with someone who lied a lot - my mother. I still am not sure how old she was because she lied about that, also about how many times she was married (4 that I know of), and little things that seemed to have no point to them. I asked her once if she didn't think lying was bad and she said only if you got caught. Makes it hard to trust people

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home