My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 04, 2020

Trump & the military

Doubtless you have by now heard of the story in The Atlantic about Trump and his opinions about the military - Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Today former mayor Pete Buttigieg, who served in Afghanistan, was on Deadline White House, commenting on the story ...



I can't pretend that I have been a super fan of the military ... I grew up during the Vietnam war ... but I do understand the anger Trump's comments and actions towards the military have caused. My grandpa was a full-bird colonel in the army who served in both WWI and WWII. My father, the one I never really got to know, served in the Korean war.

People are now saying that Trump is unfit for his job. I want to say to them, where have you been for the last four years!? I just hope that this latest revelation about Trump will finally be enough to bring him down. I'm not going to hold my breath.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I really like Pete Buttigieg. I sort of wish he had been the candidate this time. But he's young, and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him. I'm sure Trump would have focused in on him being gay, and been absolutely awful. Like he is absolutely aweful to everyone, unless they're his toadies.

11:20 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

I really like him too. At first, he was my choice to vote for in the primary, though later I decided on Bernie. I hope he will have some kind of role in Biden's administration if the Dems win.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home