My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, October 22, 2021

Eric



Eric Clapton, 2021, The Lady in the Balcony: Lockdown Sessions

OK, I know Eric Clapton is not only an anti-vaxxer who contributes money to that cause and promotes conspiracy theories ... is it wrong that I still find his guitar playing a pleasure to listen to? Or maybe it's that my young self's romanticized image of him is still more real to me than his actual self. It makes me sad that he can play music I like and still be a nut :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

The Eric Clapton song that I can never hear without crying is "Tears in Heaven". I understand that he wrote it after the death of his son. The first time I heard it was after my Mom died.
I think it's okay to like music by people who have nutty ideas. You can be very talented in one area, and not very smart in others. There's a difference between having nutty notions and being a rapist or something like that. I'll admit that if someone was a Holocaust denier that would cross a line for me.

12:58 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I like that song too. Very sad.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home