My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Earth Day



Tomorrow is Earth Day. I recall the first one in 1970 - I was 18. A lot has changed since then. For instance, Humanity has wiped out 60% of animal populations since 1970, report finds. Here's more ...



Despite the rather upbeat ending of the video, I'm pretty depressed about the environmental situation. It's not that we don't know what to do to save our ecosystem, it's that most of us really don't care. At the end of the day, we refuse to inconvenience ourselves.

Maybe we humans can slip away to another planet and wreak havoc there after we've squeezed all the juice out of this one? Nope, we don't have the intestinal fortitude to accomplish that either.

I predict we'll cycle back and forth between denial and blame-shifting until we, and all the other species that rode into Dodge with us, are extinct.

Breaks my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home