My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Verdict

The Depp v. Heard trial is over. Depp essentially won.

I don't think he should have ... the facts of his substance abuse and physical abuse of Heard are uncontested, and that's why the earlier British trial found for Heard. But Depp is famous and rich and popular, so the court helped him send out the message all old rich famous guys want their much younger and less powerful trophy wives to hear .... screw with me at your peril.

I'll soon forget about this ugly trial, but I won't forget the disgust I now feel for Depp. An example of why ...

He [Depp] repeatedly referred to Heard as a “cunt” and a “filthy whore.” In texts to actor Paul Bettany, he wrote, “Let’s burn Amber… Let’s drown her before we burn her!!! I will fuck her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she’s dead.” - Johnny Depp Ends Testimony: Key Moments From His Four Days on the Stand

In text messages to friends, Johnny Depp fantasized about murdering his then-wife, the actress Amber Heard. “I will fuck her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she’s dead,” Depp wrote. In other texts, he disparaged his wife’s body in luridly misogynist terms. “Mushy pointless dangling overused floppy fish market,” he called her .... - The Amber Heard-Johnny Depp trial was an orgy of misogyny

More: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/02/opinion/amber-heard-johnny-depp-verdict.html">The Amber Heard Verdict Was a Travesty. Others Will Follow

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Yikes! That's horrible. I have never liked Johnny Depp, turns out with good reason. The only thing I can remember him in is a remake of Dark Shadows. He's no Jonathan Frid.

4:38 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Long ago I liked him when he was on a tv show called Jump Street. But I haven't seen hardly any of his movies - can't think of even one.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home