My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Childfree



People are mocking the conservative outrage to Chelsea Handler’s ‘Childless Woman’ sketch

Something like 20% of people in the US choose to be childless (or childfree) and those of the political/religious Right just hate that. They concentrate only on the childless women, not the men, predicting they will be all alone, that they will be miserable, and that they will have too many cats ;)

I've known a lot of childless people, from my doctor of 30 years, to my college boyfriend, to a co-worker at my last job. All were men, all were married, and ok, all did have cats, but I think that was a coincidence rather than an inevitable outcome. Speaking for myself, my continuing feeling about having no children is "Whew! Dodged that bullet!".

Poor conservatives ... they really can't bear the fact that they cannot control the intimate lives of every single other person.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I don't care if other people have children or not. Raising kids is a lot of work. Worth it for me, but if they're not up for it, better if they don't.

5:16 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

I was never in the right situation to do it - not enough money, but also only married for a short time. Also my stepfather took my sister and me to see a movie of natural childbirth when we were kids ... why??? Anyway, it was horrible, with lots of blood and screaming. I dreaded having kids after that.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home