My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, May 08, 2023

Old stuff

- Delphi

Lately I've been going back and reading books I read when I was a teen, and watching tv shows from then too. Don't know why, but I'm enjoying it, and it's interesting to see what kind of stuff influenced my sponge-like character back then.

The books so far are two written by Mary Stewart. One is My Brother Michael, which is set in Delphi - so much more interesting now that I've actually been there. And the other is Airs Above the Ground, which takes place in Austria.

The tv series I'm watching now (from the public library) is Star Trek: The Original Series, which was on tv from 1966 to 1969. I well remember watching it when I was in high school.

Back then my favorite character was Mr. Spock, but now I'm getting a greater appreciation for Captain Kirk and the doctor too. Though the special effects were pretty bad, the stories really were good, some being written by people like Theodore Sturgeon and Harlan Ellison.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I loved the Mary Stuart books, especially Airs Above the Ground, and the Merlin series. It seems like lately I can't find any new books that I enjoy as much as some of those from the past.

3:44 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes, the Merlin series too.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home