My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, July 04, 2023

July 4



Today at the grocery store I heard a man say that his mother had spent more than $1000 on fireworks for tonight, and I think she wasn't alone.

I'm surrounded by a neighborhood full of brain-dead (and doubtless deaf) jerks who have been blowing up their mostly illegal fireworks for literally hours and hours and hours.

The outdoor cats are hiding under the house, terrified, and I will spend all night worring that my home here in drought-world will catch fire.

‘It sounds like a war zone.’ Sacramento tries to prevent the explosion of illegal fireworks

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Our neighborhood was pretty noisy last night too. Hopefully they blew all their stuff up and there's nothing left for tonight. I don't get it, myself. It isn't that much fun to just blow up money. I'd rather at least to have something to show for it

1:47 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

It's a mystery!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home