My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 03, 2023

In the news

So much going on.

A new movie I'm looking forward to seeing and which has received good reviews is Godzilla Minus One ...



And George Santos has been kicked out of Congress. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

And a woman 70 years old has given birth to twins through IVF. It's news because it's unusual, while old men like Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Mick Jagger, Alec Baldwin, etc etc etc, having babies is presented as totally normal. What's really odd is that humans and just a few other species are the only female creatures that don't contimue to give birth up until old age and death.

And more is coming out about the way the women and child hostages kidnapped by Hamas were mistreated ... Freed Israeli hostages tell families of beatings and death threats ... Hostages Freed From Gaza Recount Violence, Hunger and Fear.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

A new Godzilla movie, cool!
Good, they kicked George Santos out, when are they going to do the same to Trump, and deny him the Republican nomination? I'm not holding my breath, but he's worse than Santos.
About the 70 year old woman who had twins by IVF, I think she's nuts. Pregnancy and childbirth are no walk in the park, and I had mine in my 20s. I'm 70 plus now, and pretty sure doing that now would finish me off. And it's not fair to the kids, chances are she won't live until they are adults.
Actually I'm reading that male fertility does fall off the older they get, it just doesn't fall off a cliff like it does for women. And the chances are greater for birth defects with an older father.
BTW, if you're looking for a good holiday movie, try "Feast of the Seven Fishes". One of my brothers recommended it, and to my surprise it was pretty good.

12:10 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Always looking for movies to watch.I'll look for that one. I can't imagine having a baby at any age - on tv shows, the women giving birth are screaming! ;)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home