My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, July 05, 2024

Donors, operatives, the press



Watching Meet the Press Now, which was all about Biden and the voters and the donors and what seems to be a manufactured disaster created to dump Biden by those who never wanted him in the first place.

Biden is shown at a rally where the voters are thrilled to see him and are not put off by his performance in the past debate. But, as it turns out, it doesn't really matter who the voters want to be the Democratic candidate. The only people who will actually get to choose are the rich donors.

Powerful Democratic backers to pause donations until Joe Biden steps aside

On Thursday, Abigail Disney – the heir to the Disney family fortune and a major party donor – announced she would withhold donations unless Biden dropped out of the race.

“This is realism, not disrespect,” Disney told CNBC, adding: “If Biden does not step down the Democrats will lose. Of that I am absolutely certain. The consequences for the loss will be genuinely dire.” ...


Oh, well, ok then. Whatever the super rich donors want. The voters and their opinions don't matter, because we in the Democratic party are all about the uber elite choosing our government, not the people?

No!

When Trump is celebrating his victory after the election, I will know who to blame - the "movers and shakers" behind the scenes in the Democratic party.

PS - if you can bear it, you may want to watch George Stephanopoulos interviewing Biden about the debate. I could only watch a bit of it before I got too upset. It was like watching my beloved grampa being interrogated by the Inquisition. I hadn't realized until then that doing badly in a debate was actually a crime :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Apparently it's just fine if you committed actual crimes and incited an insurrection. Not to mention if you can spend 90 minutes spewing lies and nonsense.
I have mixed feelings about Biden's continued candidacy. I will vote for him if he's still in the race, I will also vote for Kamala Harris if it is her, I think she's not being treated fairly either. Basically I will vote for whoever isn't Trump.
I feel sorry for Biden because even though I'm several years younger, I wouldn't have the energy or health to do it either.

6:02 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes, Biden is about 10 years older than me but in much better physical shape than I am. I think Harris would be an ok president, but I worry she won't be able to beat Trump. At this point, I'd vote for a dead Biden instead of Trump.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home