My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, August 18, 2024

The whole world is watching



Yep, the Democratic comvention is about to begin. As mentioned in the above video, the last memorable Democratic convention in Chicago was in 1968, and I remember it well. I was 17 at the time, and my friends and I were all against the war in Vietnam and for the protesters. I still remember the brutality of the police and the protesters chanting "the whole world is watching".



When this 2024 convention occurs, there will be protests as well, but I will not be on the side of the protesters this time.

The pro-Palestinian protesters don't care about the Israeli and American civilians killed on October 7, or about any of the hostages still held in Gaza, including children and the elderly. What they do care about is supporting a repressive ultra-conservative theocracy led by bloody terrorists who are too cowardly to fight a stand-up war but instead hide behind their own citizens and the hostages they kidnapped.

PS ... for those hoping for a ceasefire/hostage agreement soon, I believe that it will not happen. Hamas cannot and will not give up their leverage: the few hostages they haven't yet killed. Hamas will drag things out but never agree. Israeli leaders knows this, and that is why they continueme to methodically prosecute the war. That is probably the only real chance to get some of the hostages back. See: Hamas rejects new U.S. proposal for Gaza hostage and ceasefire deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home