Life on Mars
I know I just wrote bad things about Ezra Klein, but I'm listening to his latest podcast and it's interesting to me because it's about my party, the Democrats.
He has on Ben Wikler, a Democratic political organizer, and they discuss why the party has such a bad image and what to do about that.
Early on, Wikler defined the party in a way I don't like. He said the party is really about your Democrat neighbor asking you to put up a yard sign for a Dem candidate because that candidate wants to build more housing in your area, and then your kids can eventually live near you.
No. A Democrat like me would not support such a candidate. My reaction to building more hosuing in my neighborhood is that I don't want my neighborhood to be even more impacted with people, traffic, noise, pollution, more buildings on smaller and smaller lots, less green places, less trees, less wild critters, less birds, less clean air, less peace and quiet.
More and more "afordable housing" will not solve homelessness or the fact that there are too many people. But who cares? Just keep fueling the problems and don't solve what's causding them. Besides, soon we'll all be living on Mars, right?.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home