My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, July 03, 2014

Links

- On the anniversary of the Civil Rights Act, religious institutions want freedom to discriminate ... [A]s religious people, we have to ask ourselves: Do we really want our legacy in this moment to be that we asked for special permission to discriminate against members of our community and citizens of our country? I posted about this a few days ago here.

- France's burqa ban upheld by human rights court. I'm sure some see this as another "attack on religious liberty" but I think banning the burqa is a good thing. I wrote about this earlier ... Andrew Brown and myself on the burqa ban and Why I'd ban the burqa

- How to Determine If Your Religious Liberty Is Being Threatened in Just 10 Quick Questions

- Yesterday my sister, who lived in Japan for years, was telling me about the Moomins ...

Moomins (Swedish: Mumintroll, Finnish: Muumi) are the central characters in a series of books, and a comic strip by Swedish-speaking Finnish illustrator and writer Tove Jansson, originally published in Swedish by Schildts in Finland. They are a family of white, roundish fairy tale characters with large snouts that make them resemble hippopotamuses.

And about the Moomin cafe in Japan ... Japan's 'anti-loneliness' cafe goes viral. Check out the photos :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home