My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Grocery store



Today we went grocery shopping and it was surreal. The shelves were completely devoid of toilet paper, tissues, napkins, and paper towels. This was true of the two other grocery stores we went to and the two drug stores as well. The stores were also low on Advil, which I take for arthritis, and rubbing alcohol is nonexistant. Some people are buying a lot because they are worried about shortages, but I think others are buying to sell at a higher price. World War Z, here we come :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Our stores have selectively bare shelves. Like you said, toilet paper and paper goods. Also rice, dry beans and pasta. I can kind of see that. One that was unexpected was beer. I don't like it anyway, but my husband asked me to pick up his favorite brand. They were out. I guess people were going to get through "house arrest" with a little liquid refreshment.

5:33 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

My sister and I went out today to try to find toilet paper but had no luck. The guy at the grocery store said that people line up at 6 am to get in and buy stuff. We're going to try that on Saturday. What's grim is that it appears that the health situation will only get worse at least into the fall and until we get a vaccine - at least a year. It's hard to imagine what our society will be like by then.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home