My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Nelson



And ...



So, today Google news wanted me to know something about actor Mark Harmon ... 'NCIS' Renewed for Season 19 With Mark Harmon to Return.

I have never seen that tv series, but I knew some stuff about Mark Harmon, most interestingly that he was related to Ricky Nelson - his sister was married to Nelson.

Why do I know this? Because I can still remember being 10 years old and watching Ricky Nelson on The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet and thinking he was wonderful. He had kind of a sad life, though: an unhappy marriage, trouble being taken seriously in his later career, and a tragic plane-crash death at the age of 45.

In reading about Ricky Nelson, I came across an interesting thing. His two twin sons also went into the music business as Nelson and had a song that topped the Billboard Hot 100 on September 29, 1990 (see the videos above).

Read more: Nelson Still Can’t Live Without Your Love and Affection: Identical twins Gunnar and Matthew Nelson reflect on 30 years of third generation pop stardom

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

Ricky also has a daughter, actress Tracy Nelson. I liked her in Square Pegs, and as Sister Stephanie in The Father Dowling Mysteries. She is a three time cancer survivor, so hasn't had an easy life. The treatment for the first cancer actually caused cancers two and three.

8:14 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

I remember her from Father Dowling! She played such a likeable character.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home