My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, November 01, 2021

Halloween

I guess this is too late for Halloween, but I was remembering one of the scariest scary movies I had seen in the past - The Prophecy ...

a 1995 American fantasy thriller film starring Christopher Walken, Elias Koteas, Virginia Madsen, Eric Stoltz, and Viggo Mortensen .... The film tells the story of the Archangel Gabriel (Walken) and his search for an evil soul on Earth, and a police detective (Koteas) who unknowingly becomes caught in the middle of an angelic civil war.

It's rated R and has a lot of violent and repulsive stuff in it, but what really makes it disturbing is the angels: their complete disddain for humanity. I don't know where people get the idea that angels are friendly and helpful - the Bible shows them to be a pretty scary group (except maybe for Raphael).

Christopher Walkin as the archangel Gabriel portrays that superciliousness well. Here he meets the police detective, Thomas, who had wanted to be a priest until he had a vision of the angelic war ...



I'm glad Halloween's over ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home