My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Vicky

We've had a stressful few last weeks. There was the two week re-roofing of the house. The the fire dept. had to come to fix the hot water heater that was burning roof tiles that had fallen down the pipe. The the 3 day monsoon. Then Halloween.

The latest thing is Vicky. Here's a photo of him from better days ...

A few days ago I noticed he wasn't eating, and noticed that there was some kind of wound on his neck. I tried to make an appointment with the vet as an emergency but they couldn't see him until today. I tried other places too, but apparently there is no longer an emergency vet in this area.

Anyway, today we took him in and his neck is really messed up. Some animal attacked him - Timmy? A dog? We don't know. But he had to get an operation and though he's an outdoor cat, I'm supposed to keep him inside in my mom's bedroom and away from Yoda, and apply warm compresses to his neck and give him pain medication with a syringe. On Saturday he will go back to have some drains taken out of his neck.

Somehow I have to do this medical stuff, though I'm blind as a bat. Vicky is so big I can't even pick him up. Must buy a cat litter box and stuff for him. And Yoda will be freaked out - she has not been around another cat since she was a little baby.

And then there's the bill!

So stressful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home