My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Jim Jordan



The Republican death spiral continues.

Jim Jordan actually got less votes for speaker than Hakeem Jeffries. News pundits wonder if the Republicans in the House will finally realize that their voters want them to actually govern instead of posture.

I'm afraid the news pundits don't get it. Republican voters didn't send their representatives to the House to govern. They sent them there to make Democrats cry. They are failing at that too :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

The latest I have heard is that they are (maybe) going to agree on letting McHenry stay in as acting speaker. I guess at least he isn't an election denier, so it could be worse. But still not good.
I was actually giving one of the congressmen from my state, Don Bacon, some credit for trying to move things forward. He isn't from my district and trends more conservative than I do, but at least I think he is honest.

10:55 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes, it's interesting that the more traditional Republicans are refusing to vote for the more Trump-loving ones like Jordan.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home