My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Denny Laine

Denny Laine, co-founder of bands Wings and The Moody Blues, dies at 79

I first knew of Denny Laine when this song by the Moody Blues, which he sang, came out (1964) ...



He left that band and I'm glad, because my favorite Moodie, Justin Hayward, then took his place as main guitarist and singer. Here is Justin with the Moodiy Blues in 1968 ...



Anyway, Denny joined Paul McCartney's Wings band in 1971. You can see him here playing a double neck guitar with Paul in 1978 ...



After that he did solo work and I lost track of him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Hampton said...

Crystal
Thanks for your ever evocative great music moments!
If you get a chance check out on YouTube "Wayward Jane"
I think you"ll like them.

8:34 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Thanks, Steve. I know nothing about contemporary music. I looked them up - they seem kind of like a cross between Nickel Creek and Hozier? So what is up with you guys - you don't call, you don't write :)

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home