My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, March 21, 2020

In search of

Today I finally found toilet paper, but it wasn't easy.

My sister and I got up early to get in line at Raley's grocery store at 6 am. Sadly, they didn't have any of the stuff we were looking for - toilet paper, paper towels, kleenex, rubbing alcohol. So next we went to Bel Air market - nothing there either. Then we went to Safeway. There we found some paper towells and some rubbing alcohol. Next we went to another Raley's and there found some kleenex boxes. Finally we went to Whole Foods. They had set aside an hour ... 8 am to 9 am ... for people over 60 to shop first before the store officially opened. We were a bit early so got to be near the front of what became a very long line. And they had toilet paper! We were able to get two items each, so mission accomplished.

The virus outbreak is getting worse and will get even more worse. Governor Newsome said we will make it through because we will come together and help each other. I've got to say that I don't see a whole lot of evidence of people selflessly helping others. I see scavengers buying way more than they need, sometimes selling that at a profit (just look on Amazon), and making little old ladies get up a 5 am to scour the town for something as basic as toilet paper.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liam said...

There’s good and bad. Crises like this show the true character of people.

6:39 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Maybe the more scared people get, the less empathy they have for others? I can feel myself starting to get this way, but I'm trying to resist. I hope all is well with you and your family.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home