My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Masks



So, are we civilians (non-medical workers) supposed to be wearing surgical masks (not N95 respirators) or are we not? Earlier they told us not to because: 1) they would be useless at preventing contamination, and 2) we would be depriving hospital workers of needed masks. Now they are changing their tune ...

Should We All Be Wearing Masks In Public? Health Experts Revisit The Question

Have you tried to buy surgical masks on Amazon? Most are out of stock. There are videos, though, on how to make your own ...


2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I'm making some tonight with paper towels. There was one video with a no-sew one with a bandana. I tried that and I can't breathe with it. I'm a little claustrophobic with things on my face. I think the paper towel one will work better. Im trying both good paper towels and cheap ones. I think both will work. I'll have to find some elastic tomorrow. All I have are some stretchy hair things that will do for one of them. The video uses glue stick, but that just tears the paper. Hot glue gun works a lot better.

6:32 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I think I'm going to try paper towels too - maybe staple would work?. Last time I went to the store I used a dust mask my sister gave me but it was pretty uncomfortable and my glasses fogged up. I sent away for some cloth masks ... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0868RNPRQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ... but they haven't come yet.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home