My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Thor



There haven't been many new moovies out that I've wanted to see, so I've been re-watching many of my old favorites. Tonight it was Thor: The Dark World ...

a 2013 American superhero film .... It is the sequel to Thor (2011) and the eighth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe .... It stars Chris Hemsworth as Thor alongside Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, ...

Captain America is my favorite character of the Marvel universe, but Thor is a close second. He's honerable, self-sacrificing, and just doesn't give up no matter how bad things get. The other characters in the Thor movies are interesting too ... Loki, Heimdall, and Frigga, Thor's mother. She's played by Rene Russo, who I remember from when I was in college because she was a Vogue model with the most amazing hair (In the ’70s, Rene Russo Made American Beauty Exciting in Vogue).

Sadly, in this movie, the character she plays is killed ....



If you haven't watched the Thor movies, you may like them ... Thor ... Thor: The Dark World ... Thor: Ragnarok ... and the upcoming Thor: Love and Thunder.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Nielsen said...

I think my sons would like that movie.
Makes me think of another Thor, Thorvir Thorbjornarson, basketball player for Nebraska University who has declined another year of eligibility. He seeks to go pro and is returning to his native Iceland. I made the remark that I don't envy the announcers who have to pronounce his name. My husband, who is a sports fan, said they just call him Thor.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home