My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Today

Happy Cinco de Mayo. Officially the celebration of the Mexican army's victory over the French at the first Battle of Puebla, now the day is more about culture (and food). Although I live relatively close to Mexico, I've never been there. The closest I've come is living briefly in San Diego and learning Spanish in high school.

The good news of the day .... Trump will continue to be banned from Facebook, at least for 6 more months. As former FBI agent Frank Figliuzzi notes, there's so much more to be done to counter the radicalization created by Trump and the extreme Right online ...

Sad news .... Bill and Melinda Gates are breaking up. I really like her. She has been a powerful voice for women's reproductive rights ...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home